Many of the Florida’s most beautiful areas are in the hands of private owners. To preserve this land in its natural form for the benefit of future generations is the legacy we must maintain. Every day development activities are reducing the natural habitat of hundreds of species. Help us to protect what is the most precious and irreplaceable in the world – our natural wildlands.
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.
~ Aldo Leopold
Your tax-deductible cash contribution will help us to build the resources which will be used to protect the natural character of the land.
Conservation easement is one of the most powerful tools for protecting the land. It permanently restricts how land is used. The owners convey certain rights but retains ownership of the property which will allow them to continue to own and enjoy their property while ensuring it will be free from development.
The conservation purpose, the restrictions and the permissible uses of the property are described in the conservation easement deed. The restrictions are binding not only on the landowner who grants the easement but also on all future owners of the property.
Conservation easement can be granted for
- outdoor recreation
- protection of a relatively natural habitat of fish, wildlife, or plants, or similar ecosystem
- preservation of open space (including farmland and forest land)
- Preservation of a historically important land area or a certified historic structure
- Mitigation banking for developers (certain restrictions apply)
If you donate a conservation easement which meets the statutory requirements for a charitable contribution, as well as the specific requirements for conservation easement donations, you can claim a charitable contribution deduction from your income tax.
Other ways to donate
You can also donate a piece of land or other gifts:
- Gift of Appreciated Securities. Stocks, bonds and mutual funds are one the most tax-efficient ways to give
- Matching Gift. It is a donation by a corporation that matches an employee’s donation to an eligible nonprofit organization, most often dollar for dollar
- Memorial and Honorary Gifts. You can make a gift in honor or memory of another person
- Planned Gifts. Planned gifts allow donors to make a charitable contribution at a future date while retaining the assets in the meanwhile. Some of them are: Bequest, Qualified Pension Plan, Life Insurance Policy, Life Income Gifts.
Please check with your financial or legal advisor to find the best solution for your situation. For more information, how to donate such gifts, please contact your financial advisor. For more information call 877-284-8871 or email to email@example.com